Often imitated but never duplicated, the original Alaskan Chain Saw Mill made by Granberg. This versatile tool allows you to make your own lumber in the woods. It also lets you mill up thick slabs with the live edge and large beams that would be very expensive to buy. Take the saw mill to the logs instead of the logs to the mill. At only $160 from Amazon it can pay for itself in one day’s use.
Do you like buying the best? Do you like knowing you paid more for a quality item that will last rather than spending more on a few cheap models that will frustrate you when they inevitably break? Take a look at the Fiskars Spitting Ax if you want a quality ax designed to do serious work!
- Ergonomic design distributes much of the weight at the axe head to provide superior balance for faster and more accurate splitting with less effort
- Exceptional control for faster and safer splitting and chopping
- Unique head shape disperses wood from the blade for clean splitting
- Hardened forged steel blade stays sharp longer than traditional axes
- Non-stick blade coating powers through wood and prevents head from getting stuck
Learn More About This >>
I use 3 of these at our cabin and they are the best value I’ve found. They are older technology but better than 2 other cameras I’ve bought. For $77 you can’t beat the Primos Truth Cam 35. Get some rechargeable batteries though.
- Day/night 35-infrared LED trail camera captures still or video images of wildlife
- 40-foot nighttime range; select the number of active LEDs (more night range or battery life)
- 1.5-second trigger speed out of sleep; 0.3-second trigger speed when active; multi-shot bursts of 1, 3 or 5 images per triggering
I Love mine, this baby comes sharp and I can chop down 3″ alders in the spring with one wack!
- Estwing campers steel axe with metal handle and nylon vinyl shock reduction grip
- Intended for felling trees, trimming trees, splitting wood, notching timbers and driving wooden or plastic stakes
- The 4-Inch cutting edge makes deeper faster cuts and easier chopping
- Includes embossed leather sheath
- 26-Inch approximate overall length at 4.3-Pound
If you’ve ever cut wood for more than a few hours you know a good chainsaw makes all the difference, making you hate the task or love the task. When it was time to upgrade from my 34cc 16″” Poulan I’m so glad I bought this Husky 450 chain saw with 18″ bar! It’s a little hot rod. 50cc’s starts easier than the comparable Stihl and I think it revs higher, with it’s slightly lower weight it was a no brainier.
If you need to skin logs you want to have a good drawn knife or log pealer as they are called. I have one that’s over 100 years old and deadly sharp but you can get yours online. Buy a quality one and you’ll be glad you did! Make pealing logs so much faster and easier. $21
- Comfortable wood grip handles
- Sharpened steel blade
- Blade protector
- Easy to use
- Add a standard 12V marine or RV battery to the ArkPak to create a portable power pack with up to 130ah of capacity
- Built-in 150W inverter provides standard 120VAC power for cell phone chargers, laptops, and most standard camping refrigerators
- Two built-in 12V sockets provide power to most 12V appliances as well as cell phone car chargers, portable coolers, and more
- Includes a 6 amp, 7 stage smart charger and battery management display that indicates battery charge status, remaining capacity, and current voltage.
- Using the included 12V car charger, the ArkPak can be used as a secondary battery for your vehicle (dual battery system)
The ArkPak now comes with both the 12V car charger/adapter and the quick release mounting brackets. The ArkPak is a battery box that turns a standard 12V deep-cycle battery into a portable power pack.
Using the built-in 150 watt inverter, USB charging port, and 12V accessory ports, the ArkPak can be used to power a camp site, recharge your electronics during a power outage, or even power a LCD television at your next tailgating party. When used with a high capacity deep-cycle battery, the ArkPak can provide 120V and 12V power anytime, anywhere, for days (depending on what you’re powering of course). The ArkPak can be recharged from a standard 120V power outlet or (with the included 12V car charger) a standard 12V vehicle accessory port. The ArkPak can also be recharged with solar panels. The ArkPak includes a 50amp Anderson plug for recharging as well.
About the battery: The ArkPak does not come with a proprietary battery pack. You are free to use almost any standard 12V lead-acid battery group 31 or smaller in your ArkPak. Gel, AGM, Calcium, or “wet” lead-acid batteries are all compatible. To maximize the life of your battery, Ark recommends that you use a zero maintenance deep-cycle marine or RV battery with the ArkPak.
Lot’s of quality power to run your off-grid cabin and the tools to build it. This high-end “Inverter” model generator is ready for electronics and is very quiet! Compare this with Honda’s line of inverter generators. These are highly portable lightweight generators with eco-throttle, it idles so quiet you barely know it’s on until you turn on your saw, then it automatically throttles up for power-time.
Propane is the only fuel that stores for long periods of time, much longer than gasoline or diesel which degrades in a few months. Propane lasts years. This may seem like a small detail but when you need your generator you need it to work and you want the fuel to be ready. Storing gas or diesel for long periods means changing it out for fresh supplies a few times a year to keep it fresh. Not convenient for emergency use or a bug out shelter. This Propane generator is only slightly more expensive than a normal gas generator at $369 with free shipping from Amazon. It’s also very quiet and doesn’t pollute much.
- 4000 surge watts/3250 running watts, 7 HP, 4 stroke OHV, recoil start engine, delivers maximum performance
- Uses a standard gas grill style LPG tank, 5-foot Regulator hose is included in box , LPG propane tank is not included
- Air cooled, AVR automatic voltage regulation, recoil start, low oil shut off, spark arrestor, full power panel, engine shut off switch,
- Two 120 volt outlets and one 12 volt DC outlet for battery charging, Run time:10 hours at 50 percent load per 20-pounds of LPG fuel
- Overload protected outlets, Decibel rating: less than 68 decibels, EPA approved, Non-CARB compliant/Not for sale in California