Cool classic shelters made with bark and all kinds of found material. Wealth of information and advice on how to build everything from a bark teepee and tree-top house to a log cabin and beaver mat hut. Over 332 illustrations and clear, easy-to-follow text make this an invaluable book.
If you’ve ever cut wood for more than a few hours you know a good chainsaw makes all the difference, making you hate the task or love the task. When it was time to upgrade from my 34cc 16″” Poulan I’m so glad I bought this Husky 450 chain saw with 18″ bar! It’s a little hot rod. 50cc’s starts easier than the comparable Stihl and I think it revs higher, with it’s slightly lower weight it was a no brainier.
Solar panels and equipment just gets cheaper and cheaper. I few years ago you were lucky to by a solar panel for $5 per watt. Now they are hovering around $1.40 per watt! Wow, get his high power solar package to get started making your own power, live independent from the grid. Just add a battery. $164 on Amazon right now
- Renogy 100 Watt Monocrystalline Solar Panels UL 1703 Certified
- 30Amp Charge Controller which allows system expandable up to 400W(12volts) and 800W(24volts)
- 2 MC4 Connector Adapter Cables
- Grade A Quality, Premium Solar Cells, TPT Backsheet to Ensure the durability
- Withstand high wind (2400 Pa) and snow loads (5400 Pa) & Excellent performance in low light environments
Cover to cover color photos of the most creative and unique hand-built structures you’ve ever seen! You can’t find these special cabins and houses on the internet or Facebook you can only find them in this book. They are built with natural materials far away from hardware stores. Lloyd loaded up his truck and set out to find these special places for this book and I suspect no one else would be allowed to photograph them. Can you tell I like this one? 🙂
As members of the Greatest Generation, our grandfathers were not only defined by the Depression but also by their heroic service to the country in World War II. Courageous, responsible, and involved, they understand sacrifice, hard work, and how to do whatever is necessary to take care of their loved ones. They also know how to have a rollicking good time.See Inside This Book
This light is a Amazon Best Seller at $16 and is a great light for cabins or sheds that don’t have power or you just don’t want to run power. These light up the area to scare away prowlers or just shine light on the lock so you can get inside and not trip.
The Frostfire solar led outdoor light is a high quality light suitable as a security light or shed/garage light. The Frostfire solar light uses a powerful 0.44W solar panel to charge the light during the day. At night it lights up once motion is detected and turns off 10 seconds after motion stops. The security light is easy to install with the screws and plugs provided.
- Powerful LED solar outdoor light, waterproof and heatproof
- Activates bright light when inside the 3 metre activation zone.
- No batteries, no cables, easy to fit
- Solar panel life span: 5 years – LED Life Span – 50,000 hours
- Add a standard 12V marine or RV battery to the ArkPak to create a portable power pack with up to 130ah of capacity
- Built-in 150W inverter provides standard 120VAC power for cell phone chargers, laptops, and most standard camping refrigerators
- Two built-in 12V sockets provide power to most 12V appliances as well as cell phone car chargers, portable coolers, and more
- Includes a 6 amp, 7 stage smart charger and battery management display that indicates battery charge status, remaining capacity, and current voltage.
- Using the included 12V car charger, the ArkPak can be used as a secondary battery for your vehicle (dual battery system)
The ArkPak now comes with both the 12V car charger/adapter and the quick release mounting brackets. The ArkPak is a battery box that turns a standard 12V deep-cycle battery into a portable power pack.
Using the built-in 150 watt inverter, USB charging port, and 12V accessory ports, the ArkPak can be used to power a camp site, recharge your electronics during a power outage, or even power a LCD television at your next tailgating party. When used with a high capacity deep-cycle battery, the ArkPak can provide 120V and 12V power anytime, anywhere, for days (depending on what you’re powering of course). The ArkPak can be recharged from a standard 120V power outlet or (with the included 12V car charger) a standard 12V vehicle accessory port. The ArkPak can also be recharged with solar panels. The ArkPak includes a 50amp Anderson plug for recharging as well.
About the battery: The ArkPak does not come with a proprietary battery pack. You are free to use almost any standard 12V lead-acid battery group 31 or smaller in your ArkPak. Gel, AGM, Calcium, or “wet” lead-acid batteries are all compatible. To maximize the life of your battery, Ark recommends that you use a zero maintenance deep-cycle marine or RV battery with the ArkPak.
Sometimes a wood stove is not practical in small spaces and sometimes you just don’t want to deal with the hassle. This heater has a thermostat and is safe for indoor use with an oxygen sensor & Shutoff. You’ll stay comfortable all night long in your cabin, tiny-house, trailer, tent, hunting blind, camper, boat etc.
Often imitated but never duplicated, the original Alaskan Chain Saw Mill made by Granberg. This versatile tool allows you to make your own lumber in the woods. It also lets you mill up thick slabs with the live edge and large beams that would be very expensive to buy. Take the saw mill to the logs instead of the logs to the mill. At only $160 from Amazon it can pay for itself in one day’s use.
First let me say I like all the Stiles books but this was my first and my favorite. If you are a DIY’er this book is filled with how to building drawings for all kinds of cabins, saunas, tree forts and how to build in cool features in all of them.